Adam Driver—who you probably know as Adam from Girls or Kylo Ren from Star Wars, depending on your preferences—will make his hosting debut on Saturday Night Live this weekend. SNL cast member Kate McKinnon joined Driver for a series of promos, all filmed in a diner.
“I’m gonna order the super sexy host with extra talent and a side of dark mysterious eyes,” McKinnon gushes. “What about you?”
It only takes about 30 seconds for Driver to bust out a lightsaber, and then another 20 for him to get all moody and insecure about why they’re filming in a diner.
“I know why,” Driver says. “Because I’m the new guy. And they don’t trust the new guys with the promos in the studio, so they brought us here, to this godforsaken diner to laugh and joke and dance like everything’s okay. But everything’s not okay.”
Then McKinnon instructs Driver to eat as much as he possibly can because “these promos are the only time the show pays for food.”
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now