Adam Driver—who you probably know as Adam from Girls or Kylo Ren from Star Wars, depending on your preferences—will make his hosting debut on Saturday Night Live this weekend. SNL cast member Kate McKinnon joined Driver for a series of promos, all filmed in a diner.
“I’m gonna order the super sexy host with extra talent and a side of dark mysterious eyes,” McKinnon gushes. “What about you?”
It only takes about 30 seconds for Driver to bust out a lightsaber, and then another 20 for him to get all moody and insecure about why they’re filming in a diner.
“I know why,” Driver says. “Because I’m the new guy. And they don’t trust the new guys with the promos in the studio, so they brought us here, to this godforsaken diner to laugh and joke and dance like everything’s okay. But everything’s not okay.”
Then McKinnon instructs Driver to eat as much as he possibly can because “these promos are the only time the show pays for food.”
- Yes, Climate Change Is Making Storms Like Hurricane Ian Worse
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- What Reading 220 History Textbooks Taught One Scholar About Racism in America
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out
- How DeSantis Handles Hurricane Ian Will Shape His Political Future