Adam Driver—who you probably know as Adam from Girls or Kylo Ren from Star Wars, depending on your preferences—will make his hosting debut on Saturday Night Live this weekend. SNL cast member Kate McKinnon joined Driver for a series of promos, all filmed in a diner.
“I’m gonna order the super sexy host with extra talent and a side of dark mysterious eyes,” McKinnon gushes. “What about you?”
It only takes about 30 seconds for Driver to bust out a lightsaber, and then another 20 for him to get all moody and insecure about why they’re filming in a diner.
“I know why,” Driver says. “Because I’m the new guy. And they don’t trust the new guys with the promos in the studio, so they brought us here, to this godforsaken diner to laugh and joke and dance like everything’s okay. But everything’s not okay.”
Then McKinnon instructs Driver to eat as much as he possibly can because “these promos are the only time the show pays for food.”
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World