Adam Driver—who you probably know as Adam from Girls or Kylo Ren from Star Wars, depending on your preferences—will make his hosting debut on Saturday Night Live this weekend. SNL cast member Kate McKinnon joined Driver for a series of promos, all filmed in a diner.
“I’m gonna order the super sexy host with extra talent and a side of dark mysterious eyes,” McKinnon gushes. “What about you?”
It only takes about 30 seconds for Driver to bust out a lightsaber, and then another 20 for him to get all moody and insecure about why they’re filming in a diner.
“I know why,” Driver says. “Because I’m the new guy. And they don’t trust the new guys with the promos in the studio, so they brought us here, to this godforsaken diner to laugh and joke and dance like everything’s okay. But everything’s not okay.”
Then McKinnon instructs Driver to eat as much as he possibly can because “these promos are the only time the show pays for food.”
- Why House Democrats Refused to Save McCarthy
- The 100 Best Mystery and Thriller Books of All Time
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Self-Silencing Is Making Women Sick: Essay
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time