Powerball pandemonium is in full swing. The record jackpot, which had hit $1.5 billion as of Wednesday morning, could finally be taken home during Wednesday evening’s drawing after previous drawings failed to yield a winner. The odds remain as steep as ever: 1 in 292.2 million. Even people from Canada and China are getting into the action.
The drawing, which is being held under tight security, is scheduled for 10:59 p.m. E.T. In addition to airing on local news stations, it can be watched live on the Powerball website here.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time