Sometimes it’s a struggle to get to the gym, but when you’re as motivated as this toddler, working out is a piece of cake. Brody Lee Smith is determined to get a girl to like him and he knows how he’s going to make that happen — by getting ripped, of course.
While pedaling away on the stationary bike, the young gym rat quips that he wants to get in shape in order to impress an older girl. “I’m trying to get stronger so I can show her, so I can be her best friend, so she doesn’t have to be rude to me all day,” he says.
He also explains that he has competition he needs to beat out. “He’s a kid bigger than me, and I’m going to get bigger than him because I’m an athlete,” he says. “A guy’s gotta do what a guy’s gotta do.”
The youngster even gives some sound advice on how to stay fit. “If a guy doesn’t do what he’s supposed to do, he won’t get stronger, he’ll be weak. He’ll be big and old and eat junk. Guys need to exercise,” he reasons. “I’ve been having a little junk, but I’m still working out so that means all the junk is going out.”
More power to you, Brody.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Megan McCluskey at firstname.lastname@example.org