Sometimes it’s a struggle to get to the gym, but when you’re as motivated as this toddler, working out is a piece of cake. Brody Lee Smith is determined to get a girl to like him and he knows how he’s going to make that happen — by getting ripped, of course.
While pedaling away on the stationary bike, the young gym rat quips that he wants to get in shape in order to impress an older girl. “I’m trying to get stronger so I can show her, so I can be her best friend, so she doesn’t have to be rude to me all day,” he says.
He also explains that he has competition he needs to beat out. “He’s a kid bigger than me, and I’m going to get bigger than him because I’m an athlete,” he says. “A guy’s gotta do what a guy’s gotta do.”
The youngster even gives some sound advice on how to stay fit. “If a guy doesn’t do what he’s supposed to do, he won’t get stronger, he’ll be weak. He’ll be big and old and eat junk. Guys need to exercise,” he reasons. “I’ve been having a little junk, but I’m still working out so that means all the junk is going out.”
More power to you, Brody.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating