Madonna isn’t done paying tribute to David Bowie just yet.
After posting a lengthy Facebook tribute to the rock icon, who died earlier this week at age 69, the pop star spoke about Bowie’s influence and covered one of his classic songs during the Tuesday stop on her Rebel Heart tour in Houston, Texas.
“He was one of the geniuses in the music industry, one of the greatest singer-songwriters of the 20th century, and he changed my life when I went to see him in concert in Detroit,” Madonna said, echoing her previous statement. “He showed me that it was okay to be different.”
She then covered Bowie’s 1974 song “Rebel Rebel,” calling Bowie “the first ‘rebel heart’ that [she] laid eyes on”:
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time