If you bounce between various computers for work and personal use, you’ll want to make sure you’re signed out of your Gmail accounts when those devices aren’t in use.
More importantly, if a laptop or mobile device becomes lost or stolen, it’s crucial to know how to disconnect your private accounts from it immediately. Logging out of Gmail from multiple devices is simple and can be done in two quick clicks.
Here’s how it’s done:
- On a desktop computer, log in to Gmail and scroll down to the bottom of your inbox.
- You should see tiny print that says “Last account activity.” Click the “Details” button right below it.
- Press the “sign out all other web sessions” button to remotely log out of Gmail from computers in other locations. You can also view a list of devices that have signed into your Gmail account recently underneath this button.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- What to Know About the History of the Debt Ceiling
- 10 Questions the Succession Finale Needs to Answer
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Why Rich People Aren't Using Phone Cases