Photographer Connie Levenhagen recently captured footage of a newborn sea otter nestled on its floating mother’s chest as it snoozed the day away. The tiny pup was only one day old when Levenhagen filmed it snuggling in for a nap in the “Great Tide Pool” outside the Monterey Bay Aquarium.
The baby otter’s mom is a wild Californian sea otter who took shelter in the tide pool in order to stay safe from other animals and stormy weather as she gave birth, Levenhagen wrote. And according to the aquarium employee heard in the video, the mother has everything under control, so the pup will not need any human care.
Levenhagen also captured several adorable photos of the pair that she posted on her Facebook page.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World