Photographer Connie Levenhagen recently captured footage of a newborn sea otter nestled on its floating mother’s chest as it snoozed the day away. The tiny pup was only one day old when Levenhagen filmed it snuggling in for a nap in the “Great Tide Pool” outside the Monterey Bay Aquarium.
The baby otter’s mom is a wild Californian sea otter who took shelter in the tide pool in order to stay safe from other animals and stormy weather as she gave birth, Levenhagen wrote. And according to the aquarium employee heard in the video, the mother has everything under control, so the pup will not need any human care.
Levenhagen also captured several adorable photos of the pair that she posted on her Facebook page.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Megan McCluskey at email@example.com