The Orphaned Wildlife Center in New York captured a video of a large Kodiak bear hugging and playing with its trainer. The clip shows Jimbo the bear and trainer Jim Kowalczik playfully interacting in Jimbo’s enclosure. Kowalczik, a retired corrections officer, has been working with Jimbo for over 20 years, according to FB Newswire. “Jim is very honest and sincere in his relationship with the bears and they love him for it,” the Wildlife Center wrote on its site.
The video was posted on Facebook on Jan. 2 and has since been viewed over 11,000,000 times and shared over 191,000 times to date. The center also shared another video of Jimbo and Kowalczik playing in the snow on Monday.
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- What Reading 220 History Textbooks Taught One Scholar About Racism in America
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out
- How DeSantis Handles Hurricane Ian Will Shape His Political Future
- 6 Groups Making Mental Health Care More Accessible to People of Color