The Orphaned Wildlife Center in New York captured a video of a large Kodiak bear hugging and playing with its trainer. The clip shows Jimbo the bear and trainer Jim Kowalczik playfully interacting in Jimbo’s enclosure. Kowalczik, a retired corrections officer, has been working with Jimbo for over 20 years, according to FB Newswire. “Jim is very honest and sincere in his relationship with the bears and they love him for it,” the Wildlife Center wrote on its site.
The video was posted on Facebook on Jan. 2 and has since been viewed over 11,000,000 times and shared over 191,000 times to date. The center also shared another video of Jimbo and Kowalczik playing in the snow on Monday.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving