The Orphaned Wildlife Center in New York captured a video of a large Kodiak bear hugging and playing with its trainer. The clip shows Jimbo the bear and trainer Jim Kowalczik playfully interacting in Jimbo’s enclosure. Kowalczik, a retired corrections officer, has been working with Jimbo for over 20 years, according to FB Newswire. “Jim is very honest and sincere in his relationship with the bears and they love him for it,” the Wildlife Center wrote on its site.
The video was posted on Facebook on Jan. 2 and has since been viewed over 11,000,000 times and shared over 191,000 times to date. The center also shared another video of Jimbo and Kowalczik playing in the snow on Monday.
- The Biggest Moments From the Second Republican Debate
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- Death and Desperation Take Over the World's Largest Refugee Camp
- Right-Wing's New Aim: a Parallel Economy
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time