When the news spread that legendary musician David Bowie had died at age 69, social media erupted with messages of mourning. Among the music industry veterans to share their kind words and memories was Madonna, who described him on Twitter as talented, unique, genius, and a game changer. She also posted an old-school photo of herself and Bowie, captioned “So lucky to have met you!!!! Hot Tramp I love you So!”
Shortly after, Madonna shared a longer, more detailed note about Bowie’s impact on her and her career.
“I’m devastated,” the note begins. “David Bowie changed the course of my life forever.
She then reminisces about attending a David Bowie concert in Detroit—her first ever. She says his music “was always inspiring but seeing him live set me off on a journey that for me I hope will never end.”
See the full post here:
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022