When the news spread that legendary musician David Bowie had died at age 69, social media erupted with messages of mourning. Among the music industry veterans to share their kind words and memories was Madonna, who described him on Twitter as talented, unique, genius, and a game changer. She also posted an old-school photo of herself and Bowie, captioned “So lucky to have met you!!!! Hot Tramp I love you So!”
Shortly after, Madonna shared a longer, more detailed note about Bowie’s impact on her and her career.
“I’m devastated,” the note begins. “David Bowie changed the course of my life forever.
She then reminisces about attending a David Bowie concert in Detroit—her first ever. She says his music “was always inspiring but seeing him live set me off on a journey that for me I hope will never end.”
See the full post here:
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up