When the news spread that legendary musician David Bowie had died at age 69, social media erupted with messages of mourning. Among the music industry veterans to share their kind words and memories was Madonna, who described him on Twitter as talented, unique, genius, and a game changer. She also posted an old-school photo of herself and Bowie, captioned “So lucky to have met you!!!! Hot Tramp I love you So!”
Shortly after, Madonna shared a longer, more detailed note about Bowie’s impact on her and her career.
“I’m devastated,” the note begins. “David Bowie changed the course of my life forever.
She then reminisces about attending a David Bowie concert in Detroit—her first ever. She says his music “was always inspiring but seeing him live set me off on a journey that for me I hope will never end.”
See the full post here:
- Succession Was a Race to the Bottom, And Everybody Won
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Drought Crisis Spurs U.S.-Mexico Collaboration
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction