Though Netflix houses thousands of movies and TV shows, the streaming service’s search feature is woefully simple. Thankfully, there’s a new fix for that.
A new website called Flixed lets users enter more complex queries to find exactly the Netflix entertainment they’re looking for. Thanks to the site’s extensive cataloguing of review scores, users can search for action adventure films with an IMDb rating above 7 stars, for example.
Each title also includes a trailer and excerpts from reviews aggregated on Metacritic.
Read more: 8 Netflix tricks you just can’t live without
The site’s best feature, though, is the global scope of its search functionality. Every title denotes the countries where it’s available on Netflix. And Netflix just launched in 130 additional countries, with many having very different movie catalogs due to varying licensing arrangements. Using a virtual private network, or VPN, makes it simple for users to watch Netflix content only available in the U.K., Thailand, or any other country. That could make Flixed an essential tool for anyone who wants to browse Netflix across the world.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization