An autopsy was scheduled for Monday after a Florida woman was discovered strangled in her apartment in the Italian city of Florence, police said.
Ashley Olsen, 35, was found with bruises around her neck, prosecutor’s office spokeswoman Maddalena Carosi told NBC News.
Local media reported that Olsen had been dead for several hours when she was found on a bed in the apartment in the Oltrarno district of Florence. Her body was identified by her father, according to Carosi.
The coroner’s office that there was no evidence that Olsen had been sexually assaulted, Italian news agency ANSA reported.
Police were paying particular attention…
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up