Chinese markets had a turbulent week, with massive sell-offs triggering trading halts not once, but twice. Friday brought signs of a turnaround, but uncertainty over the state of the world’s second-largest economy still took a toll on stock markets from Asia to the U.S.
Read more: Blame politics for China’s market meltdown
What’s causing China’s market troubles, and why are they affecting your investments? Watch the video above to find out more.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving