Chinese markets had a turbulent week, with massive sell-offs triggering trading halts not once, but twice. Friday brought signs of a turnaround, but uncertainty over the state of the world’s second-largest economy still took a toll on stock markets from Asia to the U.S.
Read more: Blame politics for China’s market meltdown
What’s causing China’s market troubles, and why are they affecting your investments? Watch the video above to find out more.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science