Leonardo DiCaprio stopped by Ellen to promote his new film, the Alejandro González Iñárritu-directed The Revenant, but also took some time to discuss his infamous bad luck. He discussed a terrifying skydiving mishap before launching into a crazy tale about surviving a doomed flight.
“You’ve always been a daredevil,” DeGeneres begins. He quickly lets her know that while he may be adventurous, things never go well for him. He assures her that he never plans to jump out of a plane again, because, as he says, “when both parachutes don’t open, you tend to not go repeat something like that.”
DeGeneres asks the actor about the scariest thing he’s ever done—and that’s when he launches into the story about being on a flight and looking out the window and seeing the engine engulfed in flames.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization