A man was arrested in Washington, D.C. Wednesday night after a report that he was planning to kidnap one of the Obama family’s dogs.
A North Dakota man, Scott Stockert, was arrested at a Hampton Inn, NBC reports, after a tip from the Secret Service’s Minnesota field office about his dog kidnapping plan.
The agents who arrested him found unregistered guns in his car and hundreds of rounds of ammunition. In the course of his questioning and arrest, Stockert claimed he was Jesus Christ, his parents were John F. Kennedy and Marilyn Monroe, and that he was going to run for President.
The Obamas have two Portuguese water dogs, Bo and Sunny.
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022