A man was arrested in Washington, D.C. Wednesday night after a report that he was planning to kidnap one of the Obama family’s dogs.
A North Dakota man, Scott Stockert, was arrested at a Hampton Inn, NBC reports, after a tip from the Secret Service’s Minnesota field office about his dog kidnapping plan.
The agents who arrested him found unregistered guns in his car and hundreds of rounds of ammunition. In the course of his questioning and arrest, Stockert claimed he was Jesus Christ, his parents were John F. Kennedy and Marilyn Monroe, and that he was going to run for President.
The Obamas have two Portuguese water dogs, Bo and Sunny.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World