A man was arrested in Washington, D.C. Wednesday night after a report that he was planning to kidnap one of the Obama family’s dogs.
A North Dakota man, Scott Stockert, was arrested at a Hampton Inn, NBC reports, after a tip from the Secret Service’s Minnesota field office about his dog kidnapping plan.
The agents who arrested him found unregistered guns in his car and hundreds of rounds of ammunition. In the course of his questioning and arrest, Stockert claimed he was Jesus Christ, his parents were John F. Kennedy and Marilyn Monroe, and that he was going to run for President.
The Obamas have two Portuguese water dogs, Bo and Sunny.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space