New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie fired back at Florida Sen. Marco Rubio for a pair of attack ads Rubio’s super PAC released questioning Christie’s record in his home state. Christie tweeted twice at Rubio in response on Thursday with a play on the English singer Adele’s smash-hit “Hello.”
The video juxtaposes Rubio’s recent comments about Christie with comments Rubio had made in the past praising his leadership in New Jersey. Christie then followed up on the Adele theme tweets with another one—this time a picture captioned, “Hello Marco, It’s Me.”
Rubio and Christie are in competition over establishment voters in the early primary states, especially Iowa and New Hampshire. The two have traded blows over the last couple weeks, with Christie attacking Rubio’s Senate record last week. Expect them to go head-to-head Jan. 14 at the next Republican presidential debate.
Read Next: Christie Bashes Rubio on Attendance Record in Iowa
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- How Safe Is India's Railway Network?
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk