New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie fired back at Florida Sen. Marco Rubio for a pair of attack ads Rubio’s super PAC released questioning Christie’s record in his home state. Christie tweeted twice at Rubio in response on Thursday with a play on the English singer Adele’s smash-hit “Hello.”
The video juxtaposes Rubio’s recent comments about Christie with comments Rubio had made in the past praising his leadership in New Jersey. Christie then followed up on the Adele theme tweets with another one—this time a picture captioned, “Hello Marco, It’s Me.”
Rubio and Christie are in competition over establishment voters in the early primary states, especially Iowa and New Hampshire. The two have traded blows over the last couple weeks, with Christie attacking Rubio’s Senate record last week. Expect them to go head-to-head Jan. 14 at the next Republican presidential debate.
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time