New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie fired back at Florida Sen. Marco Rubio for a pair of attack ads Rubio’s super PAC released questioning Christie’s record in his home state. Christie tweeted twice at Rubio in response on Thursday with a play on the English singer Adele’s smash-hit “Hello.”
The video juxtaposes Rubio’s recent comments about Christie with comments Rubio had made in the past praising his leadership in New Jersey. Christie then followed up on the Adele theme tweets with another one—this time a picture captioned, “Hello Marco, It’s Me.”
Rubio and Christie are in competition over establishment voters in the early primary states, especially Iowa and New Hampshire. The two have traded blows over the last couple weeks, with Christie attacking Rubio’s Senate record last week. Expect them to go head-to-head Jan. 14 at the next Republican presidential debate.
- Column: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive