An unidentified man crashed the stage at Wednesday’s People’s Choice Awards to promote hip-hop artist Kevin Gates.
As the hosts of The Talk were accepting their award for Favorite Daytime TV Hosting Team, the man walked up to the mic and interrupted Sara Gilbert’s speech.
“Shout out to Kevin Gates, he has an album,” he said, before referencing Kanye West. “Yeezy just jumped over the Jumpman… yessir.”
Gilbert and her co-workers, Aisha Tyler, Julie Chen, Sharon Osbourne, and Sheryl Underwood, appeared surprised by the situation. Underwood chased the crasher off the stage, saying he wasn’t going to “pull no Steve Harvey up in here.”
After the crasher was removed, The Talk hosts continued with their speech. “Get the [eff] off my stage,” Osbourne said.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate