1. Gun control might be a political non-starter. Could we regulate bullets instead?
By Ann Brown in the Washington Post
2. Worried about charging your smartphone on your next trip? Bring a deck of hydrogen fuel cells.
By Nick Statt in the Verge
3. If that detonation in North Korea wasn’t an H-bomb, what was it?
By Robert Beckhusen in War is Boring
4. Could we bring back paper clothing?
By Allen Salkin in Good
5. The Sharing Economy is bigger than you imagined.
By Katy Steinmetz in Time
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space