Florida Atlantic University has fired communications professor James Tracy, who publicly espouses that mass shootings since Sandy Hook have been government hoaxes.
The University informed Tracy of his termination on Dec. 16, and he did not appeal process within 10 days. The University fired Tracy because he has failed to file the required “Report of Outside Employment or Professional Activity Form” for three years.
Tracy used a personal blog to question the honesty of the government and families of victims of mass shootings. He began the blog shortly after the 2012 Sandy Hook massacre, claiming that shooting and others since were staged by the Obama administration to fuel the fight for gun control.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.