Channing Tatum donned a Princess Elsa costume to perform “Let It Go” on Spike TV’s Lip Sync Battle.
Celine Dion covered Adele’s smash hit “Hello” to rave reviews.
Pixar revealed two new characters from its forthcoming Finding Nemo sequel, Finding Dory.
Destiny the whale shark (voiced by Kaitlin Olson)
Bailey the beluga whale (voiced by Ty Burrell)
For the first time, the Library of Congress chose a graphic novelist to be the 2016 national ambassador for young people’s literature: American Born Chinese scribe Gene Luen Yang (illustrated at left).
Will Smith’s 17-year-old son Jaden modeled Louis Vuitton women’s wear for a campaign.
Time’s weekly take on what popped in culture
Kellogg Co. has started selling hot-dog-flavored Pringles at select Walgreens stores.
George R.R. Martin revealed that the next A Song of Ice and Fire book won’t be out before the Game of Thrones Season 6 premiere, despite his earlier promise.
A Buffalo Bills fan set himself on fire after jumping through a burning table at a tailgate.
Instagram’s newest celebrity is @BreadFaceBlog, a woman who smashes her face into bread.
‘I sold them to the white slavers.’
George Lucas, on the deal he made to sell Star Wars rights to Disney. He later apologized for the comment, calling his analogy “inappropriate” and saying he has “great respect for the company.”
Britney Spears got stuck in a prop tree during one of her Las Vegas shows.
This appears in the January 18, 2016 issue of TIME.
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement