A critically panned Adam Sandler movie is the most-watched release in Netflix history, according to the streaming service.
Netflix chief content officer Ted Sarandos confirmed that the release of Sandler’s The Ridiculous 6 was viewed by more people in its first 30 days than any other title before, including licensed movie titles and its original film division, Entertainment Weekly reports.
“The Ridiculous 6, by way of example, in the first 30 days on Netflix it’s been the most-watched movie in the history of Netflix,” Sarandos told reporters Wednesday at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. “It’s also enjoyed a spot at No. 1 in every territory we operate in, and in many of them it’s still No. 1.” Entertainment Weekly reports that Netflix confirmed Sarandos’ claim.
Even though the The Ridiculous 6, released in December, has been successful on Netflix, it was not a hit with the critics. Entertainment Weekly reports that the movie has a zero percent rating on Rotten Tomatoes.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State