A critically panned Adam Sandler movie is the most-watched release in Netflix history, according to the streaming service.
Netflix chief content officer Ted Sarandos confirmed that the release of Sandler’s The Ridiculous 6 was viewed by more people in its first 30 days than any other title before, including licensed movie titles and its original film division, Entertainment Weekly reports.
“The Ridiculous 6, by way of example, in the first 30 days on Netflix it’s been the most-watched movie in the history of Netflix,” Sarandos told reporters Wednesday at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. “It’s also enjoyed a spot at No. 1 in every territory we operate in, and in many of them it’s still No. 1.” Entertainment Weekly reports that Netflix confirmed Sarandos’ claim.
Even though the The Ridiculous 6, released in December, has been successful on Netflix, it was not a hit with the critics. Entertainment Weekly reports that the movie has a zero percent rating on Rotten Tomatoes.
- The Biggest Moments From the Second Republican Debate
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- Death and Desperation Take Over the World's Largest Refugee Camp
- Right-Wing's New Aim: a Parallel Economy
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time