Facebook-owned Oculus VR’s first consumer virtual reality headset, the Oculus Rift, is now available for preorder through Oculus.com. It’s selling for $599, while Oculus currently lists the ship date as April.
Oculus is setting a one-headset-per-customer limit on preorders. The bundle includes the Rift headset, a sensor, the Oculus Remote, cables, and an Xbox One controller. Two games, EVE: Valkyrie and Lucky’s Tale, are also included in the pack.
While other VR headsets like the Samsung Gear VR and Cardboard are powered by your smartphone, the Oculus Rift will require a computer likely priced around $1,000, according to the recommendations listed on Oculus.com.
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023