Facebook-owned Oculus VR’s first consumer virtual reality headset, the Oculus Rift, is now available for preorder through Oculus.com. It’s selling for $599, while Oculus currently lists the ship date as April.
Oculus is setting a one-headset-per-customer limit on preorders. The bundle includes the Rift headset, a sensor, the Oculus Remote, cables, and an Xbox One controller. Two games, EVE: Valkyrie and Lucky’s Tale, are also included in the pack.
While other VR headsets like the Samsung Gear VR and Cardboard are powered by your smartphone, the Oculus Rift will require a computer likely priced around $1,000, according to the recommendations listed on Oculus.com.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving