Curious as to how the Internet-connected Hello Barbie works, Jimmy Kimmel decided to test the new interactive doll with a sleep over.
The Barbie, which has an in-built microphone and can connect to wifi to enable conversations with children, has been criticized by child privacy advocates and parents who think it’s plain creepy.
In Tuesday’s episode of Jimmy Kimmel Live. the host recalled the “the time where the only dolls you talked to were the ones who were possessed by demons,” before getting into bed with the next-generation talking doll.
Unfortunately, their conversation was fairly one-sided for she proceeded to sing “Ta-ra-ra Boom-de-ay” when Kimmel told her that he “had a really good sandwich for lunch.”
Watch the segment above.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022