Ellen DeGeneres has already broken one of her New Year’s resolutions.
After going back and forth pranking each other on television, DeGeneres vowed to stop messing with Today show host Matt Lauer in 2016, but five days into the new year, she’s given into temptation.
“I made a resolution in 2016, I was not going to mess with Matt Lauer anymore,” DeGeneres announced during Tuesday’s episode of The Ellen DeGeneres Show. “Instead, I’ll just show you this clip of him interviewing Adele.”
When the video rolled, though, Lauer was shown getting a little too handsy with the British singer. While Lauer laughed off the prank on the Today show, he admitted he might have to go “back to billboards,” referring to the time he put up billboards of DeGeneres advertising her plumbing services in Los Angeles.
Other past jokes have included the comedienne showing off Lauer’s love of 50 Shades of Grey, Lauer filling DeGeneres’ car with Styrofoam peanuts, and the Today anchor stripping down for the Daytime Emmys thanks to DeGeneres.
Check out the latest installment in the DeGeneres-Lauer prank war above.
The Ellen DeGeneres Show airs weekdays at 4 p.m. ET on NBC.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization