A meat company that supplies beef patties to Wal-Mart is recalling 90,000 pounds of its product, according to the United States Department of Agriculture.
Huisken Meat Company will recall boxes of “Sam’s Choice Black Angus Beef Patties” because they may be contaminated with extraneous wood materials. 2-lb. boxes of the patties with Use-by dates of 05/17/2016; 05/29/2016 and 06/06/2016 are subject to the recall.
Read more: Walmart Launches Its Own Mobile Payment System
There have been no reports of people getting sick due to eating the contaminated patties, but the USDA is urging people who have the recalled food to throw it away or return it to the place of purchase. The patties are sold at select Walmart stores, according to the retail giant’s website.
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- The World's Greatest Places of 2023
- Exclusive: Effective Altruist Leaders Were Repeatedly Warned About Sam Bankman-Fried Years Before FTX Collapsed
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Gaslighting, Narcissist, and More Psychology Terms You're Misusing
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- In Defense of Nora Ephron's Unfairly Panned Heartburn Movie
- Want Today's Top Headlines in Your Inbox? Sign Up for The Brief