Yes, we’ve officially gone overboard with the 90s reboots. Along with Fuller House and Twin Peaks, nostalgic fans will get another taste of Baywatch, and Sports Illustrated model Kelly Rohrbach will play the pivotal CJ role made famous by Pamela Anderson.
The Baywatch movie was originally conceived as a parody with Bill Hader at its center. But the film has recently resurfaced as an action flick with a comedy bent, starring Dwayne “the Rock” Johnson in the David Hasselhoff role with his San Andreas co-star Alexandra Daddario and an oft-shirtless Zac Efron as fellow lifesavers. (So, think San Andreas with fewer earthquakes and helicopters, but more swim suits and jokes).
Efron has described the movie to Entertainment Weekly as “R-rated and badass.” And yes, there will be slo-mo running. Johnson and Daddario have already demonstrated their jogging skills on Instagram—just in case anyone was concerned.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization