Yes, we’ve officially gone overboard with the 90s reboots. Along with Fuller House and Twin Peaks, nostalgic fans will get another taste of Baywatch, and Sports Illustrated model Kelly Rohrbach will play the pivotal CJ role made famous by Pamela Anderson.
The Baywatch movie was originally conceived as a parody with Bill Hader at its center. But the film has recently resurfaced as an action flick with a comedy bent, starring Dwayne “the Rock” Johnson in the David Hasselhoff role with his San Andreas co-star Alexandra Daddario and an oft-shirtless Zac Efron as fellow lifesavers. (So, think San Andreas with fewer earthquakes and helicopters, but more swim suits and jokes).
Efron has described the movie to Entertainment Weekly as “R-rated and badass.” And yes, there will be slo-mo running. Johnson and Daddario have already demonstrated their jogging skills on Instagram—just in case anyone was concerned.
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive