A popular Vine user was arrested on Sunday after a nine-hour standoff with police in Charlottesville, Va.
Bryan Silva, 25, had been inside a home with his 17-year-old girlfriend that morning; she fled the premises and told a neighbor that Silva had threatened her with a firearm and said he would shoot the police, the Charlottesville police chief told NBC affiliate WVIR.
A neighbor helped the young women notify the police, and when they arrived, Silva was barricaded inside the house and refused to leave for hours, until the police launched a chemical irritant inside. Silva was arrested soon after, and charged with possession of a firearm and abduction.
Silva has more than 461,000 followers on Vine, and often loops videos of guns or gun sounds.
Correction: The original version of this story misstated the number of Silva’s followers on Vine. He has more than 461,000 followers.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer