Sports Center anchor Stuart Scott courageously battled cancer and inspired a nation while doing so, but sadly he passed away a year ago on Monday (January 4th). In his honor and to remember their late father, his two daughters, Tae and Syd, wrote a “Dear Dad” letter.
Scott inspired and made a lot of people’s days. Yet, he was a family man first and that showed when he accepted his ESPY in 2014 when he gingerly walked up to the stage with his oldest daughter in attendance. His acceptance speech continued to inspire society and is played, like Jimmy V’s own speech, during Jimmy V Week and the ESPY’s.
Not only did Scott’s daughters write a letter to their late father on Dear World, but a video that accompanies the letter is sure to make you cry.
The nation was shocked by Scott’s death a year ago today, but he lived life to the fullest and kicked cancer’s a– along the way. It will surely be a somber day on the campuses of ESPN and in the Scott household.
This article originally appeared on Fansided.com
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- Matthew Macfadyen on Succession Series Finale
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction