1. Here’s what happens when you try to run the Pentagon like a business. (It isn’t good.)
By Bryan Bender in Politico
2. How to fix living organ donation.
By Josh Morrison in the Washington Post
3. The story of the Arab Spring is far from over.
By Iyad El-Baghdadi in Al Jazeera America
4. In Silicon Valley, it’s now winner-take-all.
By Om Malik in the New Yorker
5. We’re on the brink of a banking revolution.
By Walter Isaacson in the Wall Street Journal
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space