A New Year’s Eve dispute over a washing machine left four dead after authorities say a man killed his wife and two other people before being fatally shot by his son.
According to the Associated Press, Los Angeles Police Department officials say that a 54-year-old man in Rowland Heights, Calif., shot his wife, his son’s girlfriend, and a man visiting their home after a disagreement between the father and his son’s girlfriend over using a washing machine.
The alleged shooter, who was described as a heavy drinker with a sizable gun collection, was then shot and killed by his son, who was able to take the gun away from his father. The son is now being held on $1 million bail on suspicion of murder.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow