A New Year’s Eve dispute over a washing machine left four dead after authorities say a man killed his wife and two other people before being fatally shot by his son.
According to the Associated Press, Los Angeles Police Department officials say that a 54-year-old man in Rowland Heights, Calif., shot his wife, his son’s girlfriend, and a man visiting their home after a disagreement between the father and his son’s girlfriend over using a washing machine.
The alleged shooter, who was described as a heavy drinker with a sizable gun collection, was then shot and killed by his son, who was able to take the gun away from his father. The son is now being held on $1 million bail on suspicion of murder.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science