President Barack Obama will meet Attorney General Loretta Lynch on Monday to discuss plans for the introduction of gun controls, he announced in his weekly address.
“I get too many letters from parents, and teachers, and kids, to sit around and do nothing,” Obama said, adding that tackling the U.S. epidemic of gun violence was “one piece of unfinished business.”
It comes after Lynch told NBC’s Meet The Press last month that Obama would specifically call on Congress to review certain gun control measures, especially in the wake of the San Bernardino massacre.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- Death and Desperation Take Over the World's Largest Refugee Camp
- Right-Wing's New Aim: a Parallel Economy
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time