Facebook is now telling users that they’ve been friends for 46 years, after a glitch appeared on the social networking site Thursday.
Of course, Facebook wasn’t around 46 year ago in 1969, and many users were still decades away from being born. The date Dec. 31, 1969 carries special significance for computer software, according to the Daily Dot. That date is the first to appear in time tracking software for Unix computer systems.
Facebook said in a statement that the company is working to address the issue. “We’ve identified this bug and the team’s fixing it now so everyone can ring in 2016 feeling young again,” said Facebook spokesperson Chelsea Kohler in an email.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space