Facebook is now telling users that they’ve been friends for 46 years, after a glitch appeared on the social networking site Thursday.
Of course, Facebook wasn’t around 46 year ago in 1969, and many users were still decades away from being born. The date Dec. 31, 1969 carries special significance for computer software, according to the Daily Dot. That date is the first to appear in time tracking software for Unix computer systems.
Facebook said in a statement that the company is working to address the issue. “We’ve identified this bug and the team’s fixing it now so everyone can ring in 2016 feeling young again,” said Facebook spokesperson Chelsea Kohler in an email.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- How a Government Shutdown Could Affect You
- The Threat to Louisiana's Drinking Water
- Colleges Get Creative to Boost Mental Health
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time