Wondering what 2016 is going to look like? So is Google, and that’s exactly what the latest Google Doodle represents.
The interactive doodle brings back a popular cartoon trope with its depiction of five birds on a wire, with a shaking, bouncing, nearly hatched egg that says 2016 where the sixth should be.
If you’re expecting a big reveal, however, you’re going to have to wait a few more hours. As Google says: “Check back tomorrow to see what will hatch in the new year.”
Read next: The Year Ahead in Culture
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022