Wondering what 2016 is going to look like? So is Google, and that’s exactly what the latest Google Doodle represents.
The interactive doodle brings back a popular cartoon trope with its depiction of five birds on a wire, with a shaking, bouncing, nearly hatched egg that says 2016 where the sixth should be.
If you’re expecting a big reveal, however, you’re going to have to wait a few more hours. As Google says: “Check back tomorrow to see what will hatch in the new year.”
Read next: The Year Ahead in Culture
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms