Oprah Winfrey’s new Weight Watchers commercial is creating an emotional outpouring online. In the ad — Winfrey’s first since announcing her involvement with the company back in October — the 61-year-old media mogul talks candidly about her struggle with weight loss.
“Inside every overweight woman is a woman she knows she can be. Many times you look in the mirror and you don’t even recognize your own self because you got lost, buried in the weight that you carry,” she says. “Nothing you’ve ever been through is wasted. So every time I tried and failed, every time I tried again, and every time I tried again, has brought me to this most powerful moment to say, ‘If not now, when?’”
After the commercial debuted on Christmas Eve, many people took to Twitter to express their feelings about it.
Some said they were moved to tears.
We only wish we could motivate ourselves half as well as Oprah does.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time