If the coming new year has you stressed about resolutions, goals and fears, it might be nice to remember how small we humans are in the scope of the universe. This video might help.
Sriram Murali, a photographer and Google analyst, created this video using some 5,000 photographs he took of skies over California, Arizona, Hawaii and Kenya from September to November of this year, documenting beautiful sunsets, passing clouds, foaming waves and shooting stars in a strangely soothing time-lapse. Why not add a trip to a dark-sky location with views like these to your 2016 bucket list?
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State