Olive Garden may have fast-casual fare, but it’s charging $400 a ticket to be at its Times Square location for New Year’s Eve.
According to the New York Post, the Olive Garden party will feature a DJ, open bar, a buffet meal, and a limited view of the ball drop. Olive Garden also isn’t the most expensive spot on Times Square strip. Bubba Gump Shrimp on Broadway is charging $799 a person for the evening, the Post reports. Ruby Tuesday is charging $1,699 for a “Couple’s VIP Table.”
In past years, guests at the Olive Garden have reportedly been let out the back outside to see the ball drop at midnight. Breadsticks are not included in the price, but Huffington Post reports that the restaurant says it will cook some up if guests request them.
The New Year’s Eve celebration has pulled massive crowds for years, with people allowed to start arriving around 3 p.m. on the 31st.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This