Olive Garden may have fast-casual fare, but it’s charging $400 a ticket to be at its Times Square location for New Year’s Eve.
According to the New York Post, the Olive Garden party will feature a DJ, open bar, a buffet meal, and a limited view of the ball drop. Olive Garden also isn’t the most expensive spot on Times Square strip. Bubba Gump Shrimp on Broadway is charging $799 a person for the evening, the Post reports. Ruby Tuesday is charging $1,699 for a “Couple’s VIP Table.”
In past years, guests at the Olive Garden have reportedly been let out the back outside to see the ball drop at midnight. Breadsticks are not included in the price, but Huffington Post reports that the restaurant says it will cook some up if guests request them.
The New Year’s Eve celebration has pulled massive crowds for years, with people allowed to start arriving around 3 p.m. on the 31st.
- The Biggest Moments From the Second Republican Debate
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- Death and Desperation Take Over the World's Largest Refugee Camp
- Right-Wing's New Aim: a Parallel Economy
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time