It wouldn’t be December without lists ranking the best movies (and, well, the best everything) of the year. The Tastebud blog decided to gather data from 45 of these best movie lists to create one big, comprehensive ranking. Some of the publications represented included the New York Times, BuzzFeed, TIME, ScreenCrush and Business Insider.
Here’s the methodology behind the list, according to Tastebud:
After tallying the scores, these were the year’s top 10 most acclaimed films:
- Mad Max: Fury Road
- Inside Out
- The Big Short
- Ex Machina
See the full list of movies — along with all 45 source publications — at Tastebud.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow