It wouldn’t be December without lists ranking the best movies (and, well, the best everything) of the year. The Tastebud blog decided to gather data from 45 of these best movie lists to create one big, comprehensive ranking. Some of the publications represented included the New York Times, BuzzFeed, TIME, ScreenCrush and Business Insider.
Here’s the methodology behind the list, according to Tastebud:
After tallying the scores, these were the year’s top 10 most acclaimed films:
- Mad Max: Fury Road
- Inside Out
- The Big Short
- Ex Machina
See the full list of movies — along with all 45 source publications — at Tastebud.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization