The super PAC backing Jeb Bush’s presidential campaign released a brutal ad Tuesday attacking Sen. Marco Rubio for skipping an all-Senators briefing following the San Bernardino terrorist attack.
The ad notes that Rubio, who has the worst attendance record in the Senate as he travels the country to boost his campaign, missed the briefing to attend a campaign fundraiser—one of many national security briefings he has missed over the years. “Politics first: that’s the Rubio way,” the ad concludes.
The ad is part of a $1.4 million television buy in Iowa this week by the super PAC, Right to Rise.
“Bush’s team dishonestly omits that Marco is on the Senate’s Intelligence Committee, where he attended the highest level briefings on the Paris attacks,” Rubio spokesman Alex Conant said in a statement. “No other candidate for president has received more classified Intelligence briefings or better understands the threats facing our nation today than Marco. It’s sad to see Jeb’s ‘joyful’ campaign reduced to such intellectual dishonesty.”
Read Next: These 30 Numbers Explain the 2016 Election
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time