Donald Trump often brags about not spending any money on campaign ads, but that is about to change.
According to a report by Fox News, Trump’s campaign is planning an ad blitz that could cost more than $2 million a week. The money for the ad buy will come out of Trump’s own fortune: “Our Super PAC is Donald Trump’s bank account,” an unnamed adviser told Fox.
The business mogul seemed to confirm the report Tuesday, tweeting that he is going to “spend big” in key states:
He then snuck in a jab at rival Jeb Bush, whose super PAC has far outspent the other candidates:
According to Fox, the ads will focus on Trump’s position on key issues, since most viewers will already be familiar with his personal background.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms