Jeb Bush has a proposal: A one-on-one debate with Donald Trump.
The former Florida governor challenged the current Republican frontrunner at a campaign event in Florida Monday.
“Donald, I’ll take you on one-on-one in a debate, any time, any place,” Bush told the crowd at the Forum Club in Palm Beach. “You name it and I’ll do it.”
Bush, polling at 4% last week, is trailing far behind Trump, who leads the field at 28% in the same Quinnipiac University poll. Bush is likely looking take back some of his momentum before the Feb. 1 Iowa Caucus.
The two have repeatedly traded jabs, setting up for a main event fight that could be entertaining—as neither campaign has held any punches. Trump called Bush “low energy,” while Bush went as far as calling the billionaire a “jerk” earlier in December.
“Just one other thing — I gotta get this off my chest — Donald Trump is a jerk,” said Bush on Dec. 19 at a New Hampshire rally. “You cannot insult your way to the presidency. You can’t disparage women, Hispanics, disabled people. Who is he kidding?”
The next Republican presidential debate is on Jan. 14 in Charleston, South Carolina.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time