In anticipation of The Force Awakens, one fan decided to build a model of his favorite Star Wars spaceship — a 7,500-piece LEGO version to be exact. The builder, who goes by Marshall Banana on Flickr, said it took him a year to complete the intricate rendering of Han Solo’s famous ride.
Measuring in at nearly three feet in length and weighing 22 pounds, the Falcon replica doesn’t spare any details. “My main goal was to present the model in a flying position, which was a huge task. Due to its internal framework it was not possible to include an interior, but I was able to fully lighten the model,” Marshall Banana wrote. “And there was still enough space left to include a detailed cockpit (with 4 seats), gunner’s platform and a lowering ramp.”
See more photos of the amazing model on Flickr.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022