In anticipation of The Force Awakens, one fan decided to build a model of his favorite Star Wars spaceship — a 7,500-piece LEGO version to be exact. The builder, who goes by Marshall Banana on Flickr, said it took him a year to complete the intricate rendering of Han Solo’s famous ride.
Measuring in at nearly three feet in length and weighing 22 pounds, the Falcon replica doesn’t spare any details. “My main goal was to present the model in a flying position, which was a huge task. Due to its internal framework it was not possible to include an interior, but I was able to fully lighten the model,” Marshall Banana wrote. “And there was still enough space left to include a detailed cockpit (with 4 seats), gunner’s platform and a lowering ramp.”
See more photos of the amazing model on Flickr.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy