In anticipation of The Force Awakens, one fan decided to build a model of his favorite Star Wars spaceship — a 7,500-piece LEGO version to be exact. The builder, who goes by Marshall Banana on Flickr, said it took him a year to complete the intricate rendering of Han Solo’s famous ride.
Measuring in at nearly three feet in length and weighing 22 pounds, the Falcon replica doesn’t spare any details. “My main goal was to present the model in a flying position, which was a huge task. Due to its internal framework it was not possible to include an interior, but I was able to fully lighten the model,” Marshall Banana wrote. “And there was still enough space left to include a detailed cockpit (with 4 seats), gunner’s platform and a lowering ramp.”
See more photos of the amazing model on Flickr.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- Death and Desperation Take Over the World's Largest Refugee Camp
- Right-Wing's New Aim: a Parallel Economy
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time