Tom Brady helped fulfill an eight-year-old cancer patient’s Christmas wish Saturday by meeting and hugging the young fan after inviting her to visit him in a touching video.
The New England Patriots quarterback said it was his own wish this year to spend time with Hailey Steward, who is fighting leukemia for the second time at a hospital in Portland, Maine. The little girl entered remission after braving a two-year battle with the cancer, her parents said on a GoFundMe page.
“Hi, Hailey. Merry Christmas, it’s Tom Brady,” the NFL star says in the video posted on Facebook. “I heard you had a special Christmas wish that you wanted this year, and I’ve got one, too. I was hoping you’d be willing to come down here this Saturday before we leave for New York, and I get a chance to meet you.”
Hailey returned back home to Bethel, Maine on Sunday tired and grateful for the meet-and-greet, her parents said on Facebook.
“As a Dad this was truly one of the most amazing days of my life to see my girl get her wish,” her father John Steward wrote on Facebook. “My little Hailey is so strong and to see someone like Tom Brady recognize her strength and determination to beat this again is awesome.”
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- Matthew Macfadyen on Succession Series Finale
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction