Tom Brady helped fulfill an eight-year-old cancer patient’s Christmas wish Saturday by meeting and hugging the young fan after inviting her to visit him in a touching video.
The New England Patriots quarterback said it was his own wish this year to spend time with Hailey Steward, who is fighting leukemia for the second time at a hospital in Portland, Maine. The little girl entered remission after braving a two-year battle with the cancer, her parents said on a GoFundMe page.
“Hi, Hailey. Merry Christmas, it’s Tom Brady,” the NFL star says in the video posted on Facebook. “I heard you had a special Christmas wish that you wanted this year, and I’ve got one, too. I was hoping you’d be willing to come down here this Saturday before we leave for New York, and I get a chance to meet you.”
Hailey returned back home to Bethel, Maine on Sunday tired and grateful for the meet-and-greet, her parents said on Facebook.
“As a Dad this was truly one of the most amazing days of my life to see my girl get her wish,” her father John Steward wrote on Facebook. “My little Hailey is so strong and to see someone like Tom Brady recognize her strength and determination to beat this again is awesome.”
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time