A martial arts instructor has been charged with felony child abuse for allegedly knocking out a 5-year-old boy, according to police in Virginia.
Prince William police said Justin Branick, 21, was a taekwondo teacher at the Tiger Martial Arts Academy in Bristow.
His arrest and charges came after detectives were called to the martial arts school to investigate reports of an assault on Dec 21.
“The investigation revealed that the accused… grabbed the victim, a 5-year-old male… by the ankle then threw him over his shoulders and onto the ground causing the victim to lose consciousness,” police said in a daily incident…
Read the rest of the story from our partners at NBC News
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Succession Was a Race to the Bottom, And Everybody Won
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Drought Crisis Spurs U.S.-Mexico Collaboration
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction