A police officer accidentally fired his gun inside an Iowa airport while practicing his “quick draw skills,” authorities said.
Des Moines Police Officer Brady Pratt “unknowingly” had his finger on the trigger when he whipped out his gun from his holster and let a bullet fly Wednesday inside an office at the Des Moines International Airport, the Des Moines Register reports.
No one was injured, and the bullet traveled through the office wall and hit a hallway ceiling tile, according to the newspaper.
The 23-year-old cop joined the police department in 2013. He may be disciplined, and the incident will undergo a “very thorough review,” a spokesman for the police force told the Register.
- Climate-Conscious Architects Want Europe To Build Less
- The Red-State Governor Who's Not Afraid to Be 'Woke'
- Jonathan Van Ness: We Are Still Not Taking Monkeypox Seriously Enough
- The Not-So-Romantic Return of Europe's Sleeper Trains
- This Filmmaker Set Out To Record Her Family’s Journey Rebuilding Afghanistan. Her Work Is a Reminder of What’s at Stake
- Why Sunscreen Ingredients Need More Safety Data
- What Historians Think of the Joe Biden-Jimmy Carter Comparisons
- Author Mimi Zhu Is Relearning What It Means to Love After Trauma