A police officer accidentally fired his gun inside an Iowa airport while practicing his “quick draw skills,” authorities said.
Des Moines Police Officer Brady Pratt “unknowingly” had his finger on the trigger when he whipped out his gun from his holster and let a bullet fly Wednesday inside an office at the Des Moines International Airport, the Des Moines Register reports.
No one was injured, and the bullet traveled through the office wall and hit a hallway ceiling tile, according to the newspaper.
The 23-year-old cop joined the police department in 2013. He may be disciplined, and the incident will undergo a “very thorough review,” a spokesman for the police force told the Register.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time