Madonna wants her son to come home for the holidays–so much so that the pop star went to court Wednesday to see that he returns.
Manhattan Supreme Court Justice Deborah Kaplan ordered 15-year-old Rocco Ritchie to return to New York from his home in London. Rocco will be granted a court-appointed lawyer in the matter and must return, even if doesn’t wish to come home.
The New York Daily News reports that the hearing may hint at some tension between Madonna and her ex-husband British filmmaker Guy Ritchie over custody of Rocco. The two divorced in 2008.
Ritchie’s lawyer, Eric Buckley, told Kaplan that Rocco has “expressed very clearly that he does not want to return to New York.” When asked by the judge if Ritchie had prevented the child from returning to the United States, Buckley replied “Effectively yes.”
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time