Attorneys for the woman accused of intentionally slamming her car into pedestrians on the Las Vegas Strip — killing one person and injuring dozens of others — said Wednesday that she is “heartbroken” over the incident.
Lakeisha Nicole Holloway, 24, appeared stone-faced during her initial hearing in Las Vegas Justice Court.
Her public defender said he’s aware that the state plans to file more charges and asked for a status hearing for more time to review the case. The judge set a date for Jan. 20.
Holloway — shackled and dressed in a blue jail uniform — was in court for less than two minutes. She remains held without bond and has yet to enter a plea.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time