Attorneys for the woman accused of intentionally slamming her car into pedestrians on the Las Vegas Strip — killing one person and injuring dozens of others — said Wednesday that she is “heartbroken” over the incident.
Lakeisha Nicole Holloway, 24, appeared stone-faced during her initial hearing in Las Vegas Justice Court.
Her public defender said he’s aware that the state plans to file more charges and asked for a status hearing for more time to review the case. The judge set a date for Jan. 20.
Holloway — shackled and dressed in a blue jail uniform — was in court for less than two minutes. She remains held without bond and has yet to enter a plea.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World