Real estate heir Robert Durst will be extradited from New Orleans to Los Angeles to face a murder charge in the death of his longtime friend, prosecutors said Tuesday.
The 72-year-old subject of a recent HBO documentary The Jinx in which he was recorded saying he “killed them all of course” will be arraigned on a pending murder charge by Aug. 18, 2016 for the 2000 killing of Susan Berman, the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s office said.
The agreement was reached Tuesday by Durst and his attorneys, prosecutors said.
Durst has been accused of several murders over the years, including that of his wife, Kathie. He also admitted to killing his neighbor, Morris Black, claiming it was in self-defense, and a jury acquitted him of murder in 2003.
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- What to Know About the History of the Debt Ceiling
- 10 Questions the Succession Finale Needs to Answer
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Why Rich People Aren't Using Phone Cases