Google is testing out a new way to log into its services that requires no password, just a couple taps on your phone.
The new method could be handy when logging in from a new location like a friend’s computer, if your password is long or complicated, or you’ve just forgotten it. Instead, you just put in your email address (assuming you remember that) and Google will ping your phone with a notification that you must answer.
The feature was originally discovered by Reddit user Rohit Paul, who posted details to the Android community at the social news site. Google…
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com