Ever wondered how Amazon can deliver orders in the same day? In the company’s regional warehouses, orders are processed immediately; some are shipped less than an hour after shoppers hit the buy button.
Amazon has fulfillment centers in 20 cities across the United States dedicated to ultrafast orders placed through its Prime Now app. Through this service, which is available for Amazon Prime members, customers can opt for items to be delivered in an hour.
Here’s a look at what happens behind the scenes at Amazon’s 40,000-square-foot fulfillment center in New York City.
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022