An 18-year-old in Montana was charged with felony assault with a weapon on Monday after allegedly threatening to shoot someone during an online conversation about Star Wars. Arthur Charles Roy made the threat on Thursday when a Facebook friend revealed information about the plot of The Force Awakens to him, authorities said.
According to Lewis and Clark County Justice Court records, Roy sent the friend a picture of himself with a gun and threatened to come to the victim’s school to shoot him.
The Helena teenager was arrested on Friday afternoon after the victim called his high school’s resource officer Thursday afternoon to report the threat, according to the Associated Press.
Roy remains jailed with his bail set at $10,000.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow