Kim Kardashian didn’t actually break Apple’s App Store on Monday when her Kimoji app launched, the tech giant said.
The “Keeping Up With the Kardashians” reality star apologized after fans complained about not being able to download her new app, which features more than 250 emoji and sticker designs, including her butt, for $1.99.
“Apple, I’m so sorry I broke your App Store!!!” she wrote on Twitter. “I can’t believe so many people downloaded my KIMOJI app that it affected the entire app store!”
“We worked so hard on this app & we know there are some issues due to the massive downloads that the whole tech team is working on,” she added.
But Apple on Tuesday said the app store didn’t crash because it was overwhelmed. “There were absolutely no issues with the App Store yesterday,” it said in a statement to Tech Insider. Instead, customers may have just had trouble finding the new app because it wasn’t yet indexed for search, the site reported.
“My KIMOJI app will be up and running again soon!” Kardashian later tweeted. “They are also working on fixing the search so u can easily find it!”
Apple did not immediately return requests for comment Tuesday.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.