Kim Kardashian didn’t actually break Apple’s App Store on Monday when her Kimoji app launched, the tech giant said.
The “Keeping Up With the Kardashians” reality star apologized after fans complained about not being able to download her new app, which features more than 250 emoji and sticker designs, including her butt, for $1.99.
“Apple, I’m so sorry I broke your App Store!!!” she wrote on Twitter. “I can’t believe so many people downloaded my KIMOJI app that it affected the entire app store!”
“We worked so hard on this app & we know there are some issues due to the massive downloads that the whole tech team is working on,” she added.
But Apple on Tuesday said the app store didn’t crash because it was overwhelmed. “There were absolutely no issues with the App Store yesterday,” it said in a statement to Tech Insider. Instead, customers may have just had trouble finding the new app because it wasn’t yet indexed for search, the site reported.
“My KIMOJI app will be up and running again soon!” Kardashian later tweeted. “They are also working on fixing the search so u can easily find it!”
Apple did not immediately return requests for comment Tuesday.
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space